Monday, October 8, 2012
Where do I find a story that is worth being considered to be that Great American Novel . Do I wait for it to find me?
My Google+ friend, Andrew Rome.
Monday, August 6, 2012
Social Media Network memberships are NOW close to being a requirement for your SEO campaign to promote your business. With the Google Panda Update, one of the many factors that Google is looking for is social approval. Every business now needs to have SMO – social media optimization.
1) Let’s start with Facebook – Need I say any more…? OK, for those who don’t know, Facebook is a social media networking site intended to connect friends, family, and business associates. And if you have a business, you should also have a Facebook Fan Page.
2) Twitter – Twitter is an information network, a social networking, and a microblogging service that allows you answer the question, “What are you doing?” by sending short text messages 140 characters in length, called “Tweets”, to your friends or followers. With a WordPress website, your posts, new AND old can be set to post to your twitter pages.
3) LinkedIn – LinkedIn is the world’s largest professional network with over 120 million members and growing rapidly. LinkedIn connects you to your trusted contacts and helps you exchange knowledge, ideas, and opportunities with a broader network of professionals.
4) Google + – Launched on June 28, 2011, Google Plus is a social networking and identity service, operated by Google Inc. Google Plus is vastly becoming one of the most popular and best social networking websites on the Internet. And if you have a business, you should also have a Google+ Page for your business.
Beyond this, it's not quite as necessary, but if you have time, why not!
5) Foursquare – for marketers, Foursquare offers a unique and compelling opportunity to use geo-location based services to promote their brands in real-time. This is especially beneficial for brick and mortar stores.
6) StumbleUpon – StumbleUpon is a discovery engine that finds the best of the web, recommended just for you… it is an Internet community that will allow the user to stumble upon and rate Web pages… this include photos and videos.
7) YouTube – currently ranked 3rd on the Alexa Traffic Ranking, YouTube is a video sharing website where users can upload, view, and share video clips.
8) Flickr – best recognition from Google for images. You can also create slideshows for your website, including certain sets while excluding ones you don’t want to show.
9) Delicious – formerly ‘del.icio.us’, is a social bookmarking web service for storing, sharing, and discovering web bookmarks.
10) Yahoo Answers - a new way to find and share information. You can ask questions on any topic, get answers from real people, and share your insights, with over 90 million users worldwide.
Saturday, August 4, 2012
Should I Actually Click Follow?
Sunday, July 29, 2012
IT'S ALL FOR YOUR SEO, FOLKS
... and hey, it's kinda fun, too.
But GETTING an account at Pinterest can be daunting. I had my name on their LIST for about two months until I saw that you can get in like NOW ... like, "Just fill in your name and email here." Turns out, if you get invited, you don't have to wait on their list.
But anyway, enough of my past problems, this is all about getting Google to LIKE you!!
PLEASE SAY IT AIN'T SO!
Yea, going through my folder of images I save for this blog, I ran across this one that I saved from back in December of 2010. Please don't hold this against me - I'm also listing this under the VIRUS!!
Friday, July 27, 2012
Turn around, and Google's back at it again ... more algorithm updates!
From Search Engine Roundtable, Here are the past Google Panda updates:
Panda 3.9 on July 24th
Panda 3.8 on June 25th
Panda 3.7 on June 9th
Panda 3.6 on April 27th
Panda 3.5 on April 19th
Panda 3.4 on March 23rd
Panda 3.3 on about February 26th
Panda 3.2 on about January 15th
Panda 3.1 on November 18th
Panda 2.5.3 on October 19/20th
Panda 2.5.2 on October 13th
Panda 2.5.1 on October 9th
Panda 2.5 on September 28th
Panda 2.4 in August
Panda 2.3 on around July 22nd.
Panda 2.2 on June 18th or so.
Panda 2.1 on May 9th or so.
Panda 2.0 on April 11th or so.
Panda 1.0 on February 24th
Google: Can't Recover From Penguin? Start A New Site
Danny Sullivan published a new story yesterday named Two Weeks In, Google Talks Penguin Update, Ways To Recover & Negative SEO. In that article, he interviews Google's spam lead...
Lost on Google: Small Businesses Seek Answers After Penguin ...
Sadly, he's reported that his business is “crippled” after the site lost 96 percent of its traffic from Google, and his sales dropped from $68000 in March to $25000 April. That's hardly an insignificant drop. .... What does Google want? Try checking out the recently opened Webmaster Academy to learn how to create (or repair) a website that will potentially thrive on Google – but again, don't just rely on Google as your only marketing outlet. Without a doubt, it's hard to keep ...
What is Google Panda and Google Penguin?
What is Google Panda and Google Penguin? Now a days, everyone is talking about Google Panda & Google Penguin because there are many blogs which has been punished by these Google algorithms. So in order to keep ...